My computer is infected by a virus very badly. Whenever I launch chrome browser this freewarelatest.com appears in a new tab. I’ve uninstalled all known programs from control panel, reinstalled Google Chrome and performed a system restore, but freewarelatest.com still comes back over and over again. It’s super annoying. Please help me.
freewarelatest.com is an annoying pop-up virus which wreaks havoc on your computer. There are various ways freewarelatest.com virus can sneak into your system, for examples, it lurks in spam email attachments or unverified free applications, when you download/install them by default freewarelatest.com enters your machine secretly. Sometimes, this dodgy virus can also utilize Trojan infections and malicious torrents to spread its installers. To avoid it, you have to pay attentions to unfamiliar stuff and be careful with your online activities.
Once freewarelatest.com virus gets inside your computer, you will encounter a series of problems. Every time you launch Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or other web browser freewarelatest.com always pops up in a new tab automatically. It claims that your computer has been infected by some viruses and then tells you to call a toll-free number for help. Note that the content of its popup changes randomly. So some victims of this virus may see Fake Java updates and other misleading warning messages. No matter what freewarelatest.com shows you, it is not real at all. It is just a scam website designed by hackers to earn money from computer users.
Apart from browser hijacking, freewarelatest.com virus makes your PC performance become much slower than it was before. Running in the background, it may corrupt your routine applications or spy on browsing habits. If you don’t take feasible measures to get rid of it in time, probably it will even collect your personal information and use it for evil purposes. In short, freewarelatest.com virus is very boring and dangerous. It’s of great importance to remove it from your machine immediately.
freewarelatest.com Is Dangerous
1. freewarelatest.com is an invasive website that is created to promote its affiliated products/websites, it must not be safe.
2. freewarelatest.com gets installed on your computer without any consent and keeps popping up.
3. freewarelatest.com modifies Windows host file and browser settings
4. freewarelatest.com may cause redirections to suspicious websites and point you to download other malware programs automatically.
5. freewarelatest.com bombards you with annoying spam contents
6. freewarelatest.com violates your computer privacy, steals your financial data.
Method One: Remove freewarelatest.com Manually
STEP1 : Uninstall all unwanted and suspicious programs from computer control panel
STEP2: Remove all unwanted and suspicious add-ons, extensions, plug-ins from web browsers
STEP3 : Go to C drive, find out all malicious files generated by freewarelatest.com and then remove them manually.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\freewarelatest.com .exe C:\Program Files (x86)\freewarelatest.com\ C:\ProgramData\TEMP\freewarelatest.com C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temp\freewarelatest.com.exe C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Roaming\freewarelatest.com C:\Windows\System32\drivers\freewarelatest.com.sys
STEP4 : Open Registry Editor (Press Win key and R key together, type Regedit in the Run Box, and then hit Enter) >>look for registry entries related to freewarelatest.com and delete them manually.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random].exe" HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\[ freewarelatest.com] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\Software\ freewarelatest.com HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ freewarelatest.com character HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ freewarelatest.com HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\BrowserHelperObjects\[random numbers]
Important Note: manual removal method is a bit complicated and different computers may have different files. Therefore, you must be very careful during the process. If you don’t want to take the risk of damaging your computer system, you can use special virus removal tools to handle freewarelatest.com.
Method Two: Remove freewarelatest.com with Special Virus Remover and Registry Cleaner.
STEP 1: first of all, use Spyhunter to remove freewarelatest.com and its related malware infections.
1. Click the download link below to obtain Spyhunter
Note: Spyhunter’s free version can only help you detect viruses and malware infections on your PC, if you want to remove those detected threats, you will need to purchase the full version of Spyhunter.
2. After the download is finished, double click “SpyHunter-Installer.exe” file to install it
3. Open Spyhunter and perform a full system scan
4. Once SpyHunter completes the scan, please click Fix Threats to get rid of freewarelatest.com and all the detected viruses.
STEP 2: Use Reghunter to clean up your Windows Registry and fix those corrupted items.
1. Click the download link below to obtain Reghunter
Note: Reghunter’s free version can only help you detect PC issues, if you want to repair your Registry and optimize your system, you will need to purchase the full version of Reghunter.
2. After the download is finished, double click “RegHunter-Installer.exe” file to install it
3. Open Reghunter and perform a full system scan
4. Once RegHunter completes the scan, please click Repair All Errors to optimize your Registry and fix those damaged files.
STEP 3: (Optional) Reset all your web browsers.
After you complete all the steps above, your computer should now be free of freewarelatest.com. You need to restart your machine and then confirm the results.
8 Tips for Protecting Your Computer from Viruses
1. Install a good antivirus program. You can choose free Avast, Norton or Max Secure Total Security
2. Don’t open email messages from unfamiliar senders, or email attachments that you don’t recognize.
3. Use a pop-up blocker with your browser. Recommend Ad blocker Plus, free.
4. Keep Windows updated. This is very important. No need to explain
5. Use a firewall. Microsoft free Firewall Is Okay.
6. Use your browser’s privacy settings.
7. Turn on User Account Control (UAC).
8. Clear your Internet cache and your browsing history.